view cancellation policy
Culture shock rating:
Philly On TapGeneral Info | Photo Gallery | Traveller Feedback
Tap into Philly's legendary beer scene on this adventure through Philly's bars, pubs, and microbreweries. Make a toast in Philadelphia's oldest pub, sample craft brews, and learn about why Philly is one of America's best beer cities. Beer lovers, include this one in your Philadelphia travel plans!
- Discover the tastes and flavours of the Philly beer scene
- Sip on Philadelphia's finest local beers in the city's most unique, friendly, and eclectic watering holes
- Experience a diverse and exciting group of bars while learning about and tasting the best of Philadelphia's craft beers, regional breweries, and micro brews
- Nibble on a bar snack to create the perfect combo of local food and craft beer!
Tour style:Walking & Orientation, Food & Drink, History & Heritage
Local English-speaking guide, 3 beers, 1 snack.
Personal shopping, food, tips and gratuities for your guide.
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration: 2 hours
- Meeting point:
Dilworth Park, outside of the café, corner of 15th St. and JFK Blvd. (20 North 15th St.)
- Starting time: 5.00 PM
- Ending point:
The final pub of the tour, in Center City
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:
Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip.
- Confirmation of booking:
If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point.
Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Dress standard:
A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable. Make sure to check the weather report for rain!
- Child policy:
Travellers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Language: English
In our opinion, there are few better ways to get to know a city than over a beer with a local. Enter, our Philly on Tap tour! Discover the essence of this fascinating city through the rich flavours of Philly beer, a truly unique experience for both the avid fanatic and beer beginner.
We begin your Philadelphia beer tour at the very heart of modern Philadelphia, City Hall. You'll meet your local guide and step out onto the streets of Philly, where we'll discover some of the sights and sounds of Philadelphia as people are finishing up their work day. At this time of day, many a Philly local will be beelining for the closest happy hour, and we'll do exactly the same! We'll choose from some of the most unique, typical, and popular drinking establishments in the city. We’ll have the option to visit the oldest continuously operating bar in Philadelphia (dating back to 1860), a classic dive bar, an Irish pub with local flair, a modern beer café, and many other neighbourhood bars and pubs. At each location, we'll talk about the history of these bars, why they are so popular, and why locals crave a unique and authentic setting to enjoy food and drinks with friends, family, and co-workers.
One drink at each bar is included with the tour, as well as a pub or street snack — the perfect accompaniment for your Philadelphia beer. And the bars we visit all have one thing in common: a taste for Philadelphia's local craft beers and breweries! You'll quickly find out why Philadelphia is one of America's best beer cities, and learn the names and tastes of places such as Philadelphia Brewing Co., Victory, Yards, Troegs, Flying Fish, Sly Fox, Dogfish Head, Nodding Head, and Dock Street Brewing Co.
After happy hour, end your Philadelphia bar tour at the tour's final pub. From there you’ll be able to continue on your own Philly beer journey, grab some dinner at one of Philadelphia's many great restaurants nearby, or head straight back to your new favourite Philadelphia pub.
Want to check out what other travellers think of their Urban Adventure experience? See below for our traveller feedback.
- Your overall experience ...................................................................................... 4.92
- Your guide’s enthusiasm, local knowledge and communication skills........................................................................................................................ 5.00
The level of opportunity to learn more about the culture, interact
with locals, and experience their way of life......................................................4.92
The Responsible Travel philosophy implemented on your
Urban Adventure................................................................................................... 4.92
- Did the trip match your expectations?.............................................................. 4.92
Ms. Melinda H.
USA ~ 04 Mar 2015[back to top]
I was the only person on the Philly on Tap tour, and my guide, Kenny, was fantastic! I really learned a lot about the history of the city. And the beer was great, as well. Highly recommended.
Mrs. Heather H.
USA ~ 29 Jan 2015[back to top]
Our tour guide was very fun! Got to discuss beer & Philly. He gave us good recommendations for other things to try/do in Philly. Took his recommendation for dinner afterwards.
Ms. Angela S.
~ 12 Nov 2014[back to top]
Kenny was an awesome tour guide. He was passionate, enthusiastic and knowledgable. The whole experience was very enjoyable and I would definitely do it again.
Ms. Gretchen B.
USA ~ 14 May 2014[back to top]
We had a great time. Enjoyed seeing a different sight of Philadelphia.
Mrs. Mary R.
Canada ~ 31 Mar 2014[back to top]
Our guide (Chris) was fun, friendly and helped this tour be one of the highlights of our trip!
Mr. Max S.
USA ~ 08 Sep 2013[back to top]
Trevor was an outstanding tour guide! We thoroughly enjoyed our "Philly Beer Tour" and look forward to seeing more of the city!
Mr. Jordan B.
USA ~ 21 May 2013[back to top]
I really enjoyed my tour guide Chris. He was very amiable with our group, and he was very knowledgeable of the city.
Mr. terry s.
USA ~ 21 May 2013[back to top]
Our guide Cris was great. He showed us an incredible evening. Very glad we had him.
Mr. matthew t.
USA ~ 29 Aug 2012[back to top]
chuck is excellent! urban adventures is luck to have his services!
Ms. Ellen O.
USA ~ 20 Sep 2010[back to top]
Loved it and would definitely recommend it to both locals and tourists. We got to learn a lot about Philly and also meet and interact with other interesting people. I'm excited to flaunt my new beer history and brewing knowledge to my friends.
This tour is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12, but we can add another guide if the group exceeds this number.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour
- Cancellations made more than 2 days prior to travel receive a full refund
- Cancellations made 2 days or less prior to travel attract a 100% cancellation fee.
The Philadelphia Urban Adventures team is a knowledgeable and energetic group, dedicated to making sure that our urban travelers get the most out of their Philly experience. We come from a variety of backgrounds and parts of the world, with shared passions for travel, local culture, history, food, music, art and architecture. And above all we want you to leave Philadelphia with a love for the City that you will share with others when you get home!
Meet the crew in Philadelphia!
Feels like: 30°C
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.