Our Philadelphia tours are designed to help you get under the covers of the normal sightseeing tours and experience Philadelphia as those who live here do. We know that many visitors travel to Philadelphia to see the history related to Independence and the Colonial period, so there has to be some of that, but we also want to make sure you absorb the essence of the City, from it's historic neighborhoods to its markets, its music, public art, architecture, pubs, restaurants and shopping districts.
Choose from our different sightseeing tours of Philadelphia and enjoy a few hours, half a day or a full day with a friendly, personable and knowledgeable guide and take home some of the stories, smells, tastes and sounds of our wonderful City. After your trip around Philly, you might want to hop over to other Urban Adventures in other US cities like New York and San Francisco.
Why take a Philadelphia day tour with Urban Adventures? We'll give you the insider's view of the city. We're full of Philadelphia stories and trivia, good information and useful tips. Let us impress you with our local knowledge of Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love.
Sit back and browse through our our tour itineraries. You'll find something for everyone. For culture vultures and foodies, there is plenty to taste, touch and see on our Essence of South Philly tour and its bohemian flair. A more whirlwind sights, sounds, and flavors experience is possible with the 9th Street Italian Market tour option. For history nuts who have a full day to cover a lot of territory, the Philadelphia River to River tour is highly recommended. For those who just have one afternoon to see the landmark basics, the Historic District - Society Hill tour is a good choice. And finally, for the discerning beer aficionado, there's the Philly on Tap tour that is sure to leave you buzzed on the best of Philly's local brews.
Did you know? We've expanded our "did you know?" page to include even more information. Take a look!
Length: 6 Hours From USD 79.00
Experience the best of Philadelphia’s festival season! Journey into Philly’s most fun and interesting neighbourhoods for a celebration of art, food, music, beer, and more. Your guide will provide an insider’s perspective to the best of the fests.
Italian Market Immersion
from 30 reviews
Length: 2 hours From USD 25.00
Hit the country’s oldest and largest everyday open-air market for some authentic, Philly foodie action. Fill your calorie quota with cheese, chocolate, deli items, and baked goods, and connect with the merchants and personalities that have shaped the character of this street for generations.
Philly On Tap
from 12 reviews
Length: 2 hours From USD 39.00
Tap into Philly's legendary beer scene on this adventure through Philly's bars, pubs, and microbreweries. Make a toast in Philadelphia's oldest pub, sample craft brews, and learn about why Philly is one of America's best beer cities. Beer lovers, include this one in your Philadelphia travel plans!
History in HD
from 29 reviews
Length: 2 Hours From USD 25.00
Forget watching History Channel documentaries, why not see the landmarks that shaped America in real life on this Philadelphia tour? From the building where the US Constitution was signed to George Washington's house, and a church where America's founding fathers once sat, this tour even includes a craft beer to help you digest all the history.
Street Food for Thought
Length: 2.5 Hours From USD 39.00
Combine street food and brain food on this Philadelphia tour that takes in the hallowed halls of academia, the glory of the grand terminal, the worship of college sports, and the fun of food trucking!
Center City Holiday Tour
from 2 reviews
Length: 3 Hours From USD 35.00
Experience the American festive season on this limited edition Philadelphia tour that celebrates all things Christmas. From outdoor yuletide villages, to holiday-themed light and sound shows, and the greatest window displays in town, it's enough to make the Grinch run and hide.
Markets, Mosaics, & Magic
from 3 reviews
Length: 3.5 hours From USD 39.00
Art, culture, diversity and of course, the spirit of Rocky lives on in South Philly! Join this Philadelphia tour to see just how eclectic this gritty city is. From Jewish delis to Italian markets, churches, cemeteries, and public art, South Philly is a slice of the real Philly.
Philadelphia Private Tour
Length: 1 Day or 1 Month - it's up to you.
Love the look of our Philly tours, but feel like customising them to make exactly the tour you're looking for? Well, you're in the right place.
Put our team of local experts to work to build the perfect itinerary just for you. You can include some of the components of our regular tours, or none at all. This is your tour - so make it your own! If you're not sure, we've got plenty of ideas for what you might want to include. If you let our team of expert locals know your interests, they will come up with all kinds of things!
The Philadelphia Urban Adventures team is a knowledgeable and energetic group, dedicated to making sure that our urban travelers get the most out of their Philly experience. We come from a variety of backgrounds and parts of the world, with shared passions for travel, local culture, history, food, music, art and architecture. And above all we want you to leave Philadelphia with a love for the City that you will share with others when you get home!
Meet the crew in Philadelphia!
Feels like: 9°C
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.