Philadelphia Local Events
Throughout the year, there are a number of events happening in the city -- from art festivals to sport races. During your stay in Philadelphia, you might want to check out some of the local Philadelphia events we have listed below, or ask your local guide what's happening while you're in town.
Whether you are sightseeing in Philadelphia for a day, a weekend, or longer, you are bound to find an interesting local event in Philadelphia.
Events in Philidelphia vary by season. In the summer, enjoy outdoor festivals and regattas. In the winter, the entertainment scene moves more indoors.
Did you know? We've added even more information to our "Did you know?" page. Check it out.
Place: Manayunk to the Art Museum - [05/06/2015]
A Philadelphia bike race through the Art Museum, the Parkway and the Schuylkill River
Place: Philadelphia - [02/09/2015 - 17/09/2015]
Theatre, dance, music and street performing throughout the City.
Place: Philadelphia - [18/11/2015 - 20/11/2015]
An annual tradition that includes a kids run, half marathon and full marathon.
Place: South Broad Street to City Hall - [01/01/2016]
Unique costumes, music, and pageantry along with great crowds along Broad Street.
Place: University City - [28/04/2016 - 30/04/2016]
Records are shattered, instant classics are run and the action is non-stop.
Place: Schuylkill River - [13/05/2016 - 14/05/2016]
The largest collegiate regatta in the nation.
Place: South Philadelphia - [14/05/2016 - 15/05/2016]
Great Food, Great People, Great Fun for the Entire Family!
The Philadelphia Urban Adventures team is a knowledgeable and energetic group, dedicated to making sure that our urban travelers get the most out of their Philly experience. We come from a variety of backgrounds and parts of the world, with shared passions for travel, local culture, history, food, music, art and architecture. And above all we want you to leave Philadelphia with a love for the City that you will share with others when you get home!
Meet the crew in Philadelphia!
Feels like: 22°C
Passing clouds. Mild.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.