At Urban Adventures, we recognise that privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use our services, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
If you have a complaint, or would like more information about our data management practices, we can be reached via email at email@example.com.
What data do we collect?
Depending on the circumstances, Urban Adventures Limited and local Urban Adventures Partners may collect personal information when you book a tour or sign up with us, including some or all of the following: email, name, address, telephone number, credit card billing details including expiry dates, and passport details. Such circumstances may include:
- Booking a tour for you or someone else
- Purchasing a gift certificate
- Signing up for an account on urbanadventures.com
- Registering for and/or entering a competition
- Subscribing to our email newsletter
When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that may be used in our advertising and on our website. All participants of Urban Adventures tours authorise Urban Adventures Limited and local Urban Adventures Partners to use his/her image (such as photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen please notify Urban Adventures in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we collect the data?
You may volunteer this information when you interact with us by telephone or email, by entering details in our website, or by speaking to us at an event. We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- from affiliates or distributors selling Urban Adventures tours;
- from market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services; and/or
- from other companies within the Intrepid Travel group.
How the data is used
- We may combine personal information collected from you at different times to provide a better user experience, including customising content for you.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you've requested, including sending email newsletters, or sending printed materials to your postal address.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research, and analysis to operate and improve Urban Adventures' services.
- Urban Adventures processes personal information on our servers in Vietnam and in other countries.
- Urban Adventures' servers automatically record information when you visit our website, including the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. This information is used to make improvements to our site and make it easier to find the information you are looking for.
- When you provide your email address to Urban Adventures to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. This is so we can assist you in future with online bookings, and as a result of this you may receive an enquiry email. If you choose not to respond to this email, your data will be destroyed and not used for any future communications.
Disclosure with suppliers / third parties / affiliates
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties outside of Urban Adventures, such as our travel industry partners to better analyse trends and further improve our services. Please only supply information that you are happy to be disclosed in this manner.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
Access to your information
To access the information we hold about you, or to make corrections or updates to your personal details, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
- We will provide you access to your personal information upon request, within reason, and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it.
Card security policy
- Urban Adventures maintains the security of your credit card data by the following measures: All online payments are submitted over a secured socket layer (SSL). Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port. Urban Adventures does not store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank. All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction's acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
Use of tools ("cookies") and links to other websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites or micro-sites not controlled or owned by us. For example, reference sites or ancillary products and services sites or websites owned by our sister companies. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions, etc. carefully.
Statement on cookies
- Storing what's in your shopping cart: This allows you to book trips with us.
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products, and services that we think you'll find interesting
- Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
By using our websites, you agree to us using cookies as set out in our Statement on Cookies.
Cookies: The lowdown
Read through this section for all you need to know about what cookies are and how we use them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by us or our partners. They let us identify the device you're using — but not you personally. This information is sent back to our systems as you move around our website.
Cookies are unique to the web browser you're using - so if you're using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each.
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you're on. These are known as 1st Party Cookies. There are also 3rd Party Cookies that can be set by partner websites. Only the owner of the cookie can see the anonymous information it collects.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject 3rd Party Cookies or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. If you don't accept cookies, some features of our website won't work. For example, you won't be able to make a booking.
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
Buying our products online
Keeping track of your searches and preferences
Your recent searches and shortlisted holidays are recorded using cookies.
If you've made a shortlist but you haven't saved it by entering your email address, we'll store your shortlisted holidays using a cookie, so you'll be able to see it when you visit us again using the same computer or device.
Improving your experience
We can also find out how you move around our website, so we can look into any errors stopping you from being able to do what you want. The data we collect from cookies is really important for us to improve your experience.
Making your experience personal
When you're on our website, we might interact with you or show you personalised information and offers anonymously. Cookies help us to do this by letting us know how you're using our website on your particular computer or device, which means we can work out what's most relevant to you.
Adverts on other websites
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don't want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
Changing your mind after you've accepted our cookies
Take a look at the websites of Pinsent Masons law firm or the Internet Advertising Bureau for independent information on cookies - including how to refuse or delete them from your computer or device.
Find out more on cookies:
For more information about Intrepid Travel's privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Philadelphia Urban Adventures team is a knowledgeable and energetic group, dedicated to making sure that our urban travelers get the most out of their Philly experience. We come from a variety of backgrounds and parts of the world, with shared passions for travel, local culture, history, food, music, art and architecture. And above all we want you to leave Philadelphia with a love for the City that you will share with others when you get home!
Meet the crew in Philadelphia!
Feels like: 11°C
Light rain. Fog. Cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.
Our responsible tourism mandate is also what guides our newest line-up of tours: the "In Focus" series. This collection of tours is run in conjunction with local NGOs, non-profits, and accelerators around the globe. We've worked with these groups on the ground to develop experiences that show travellers what their projects are about and how they're giving back to the community.