Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions contain legal obligations and we encourage you to read through them carefully. Unless otherwise started, any purchases made through urbanadventures.com, our distributors, and our affiliates are subject to these terms and conditions.
1. Our contract
All bookings are made with Urban Adventures Limited (us/we). By making a booking, the traveller (you) is deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions on behalf of all individuals included in the booking. The services to be provided are those in your booking confirmation invoice. No alterations or variations to these terms and conditions are in effect unless made in writing by and under the authority of Urban Adventures Limited.
2. Pricing and payments
a) Prices and exchange rates — Prices are correct at the time of quoting, converted at the prevailing foreign exchange rate as set by Urban Adventures Limited. The rate will float on a daily basis in line with international currency movements.
b) Price changes — The prices appearing on the website are the current rates and can change without notice. Once a traveller has booked an Urban Adventure, the traveller will not be required to pay any difference in the event of a price increase. Urban Adventures Limited will not refund the balance of any price reduction.
c) Child rate — Our child rates apply at the time of the tour, not the time of booking. Proof of age must be available for inspection on the day of travel. If a traveller is identified as not qualifying for a child price (if a child price is available for the tour), the traveller will be required to provide the balance of difference between the adult rate and child rate for the tour before being permitted to start the trip.
d) Per person — All prices listed are on a per traveller basis unless otherwise stated.
e) Inclusions — Prices include all inclusions as indicated on the tour description on urbanadventures.com.
f) Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger-facility charges, or international transportation tax.
a) Credit cards — Urban Adventures accepts the following credit cards for payment:
- American Express
b) Credit card service fee — Urban Adventures Limited does not charge travellers a service fee on credit card payments.
c) Payment due — With the exception of Private Tours, full payment is required at the time of booking. Payment for private tours is due upon confirmation of tour itinerary.
3. Cancellations/no-shows and amendments to bookings
3.1 Cancellations by the traveller
a) Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by Urban Adventures Limited. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund;
- Cancellations made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued.
b) Unused portions of tours - No refund is provided for any unused portion of a tour, including the entire tour in the event a traveller does not commence at the designated start point of the tour.
3.2 Cancellations by Urban Adventures
We may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
3.3 Amendments to bookings by the traveller
a) If a traveller wishes to amend an existing booking, the original booking must be cancelled and a new booking made. Prices applying to the new booking will be the price at the time the new booking is made. Cancellation charges may apply (refer to 3.1 Cancellations by the traveller).
3.4 Amendments to itineraries by Urban Adventures
While we endeavour to operate all tours as described, we reserve the right to change the tour itinerary. The itinerary provided for each Urban Adventure is representative of the activities planned; however, the route, amenities, stops, and modes of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances or events. If we make a major change before departure, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control.
4. Confirmation and vouchers
a) Confirmation — Upon receipt of full payment, Urban Adventures Limited will issue a voucher via email for the booked tour.
b) Voucher — The lead traveller must present the original voucher issued by Urban Adventures Limited at the start of the tour. Urban Adventures Limited reserves the right to refuse service to any travellers not able to provide their voucher to their guide at the beginning of the tour.
5. Your Urban Adventure
5.1 Traveller confirmation
We recommend the lead traveller contact the local Urban Adventures Partner 24 hours prior to the start of their tour to confirm the tour departure. The local partner’s contact information is available on the voucher provided.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. In the event a traveller is not at the designated starting point within 15 minutes of the start time provided, Urban Adventures Limited and the local Urban Adventures Partner will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
5.3 Your responsibility
The traveller making the booking is responsible for their own and their party’s actions. If Urban Adventures Limited or the local Urban Adventures Partner deems you or your party’s actions to cause danger to other travellers or our staff, to intervene with other clients’ enjoyment of the trip, or to be offensive to the local communities and cultures, Urban Adventures Limited and the local Urban Adventures Partner reserve the right to remove you from the tour effectively immediately. No refund will be supplied. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange, and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
5.4 Acceptance of risk
You acknowledge that your tour may involve a degree of personal risk. You may be visiting places where the political, cultural, and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in your daily life. We use information from government foreign departments and reports from our own contacts in assessing whether an Urban Adventure should operate. However, it is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all possible relevant travel information. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
6. Information accuracy
The lead traveller is responsible for providing accurate information during the booking process. Urban Adventures reserves the right to cancel any bookings if inaccurate information is provided, including (but not exclusive to):
- Traveller name(s)
- Hotel (pick-up) details
- Email address
7. Age and health requirements
a) Age requirements — All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by an escort over the age of 18, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or their designee will be responsible for the traveller under the age of 18. While many of our tours permit all ages, the minimum age requirements may vary with tours. Please see the tour description on urbanadventures.com to check whether a tour is child-friendly. For tours featuring alcohol, travellers may be required to show proof of age of majority.
b) Health requirements — Some of our trips can be physically demanding and travellers must ensure that they are suitably fit to allow participation. We are able to provide details on mandatory health requirements; however, we are not medical experts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are physically fit to participate. All our tours specify a physical rating, which is to be used as a guideline for gauging whether a tour is appropriate for your fitness level.
8. Travel insurance
It is a requirement that all travellers doing an Urban Adventure have valid and comprehensive travel insurance. Neither Urban Adventures Limited nor the Urban Adventures Partner can be held responsible for any liability, expenses, or losses you incur as a result of being inadequately insured. We strongly recommend that at the time of booking a comprehensive travel insurance policy is purchased.
9. Passports and visas
Unless travelling domestically, travellers must carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas when travelling with Urban Adventures Limited and the local Urban Adventures Partners. Please ensure your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas for your holiday. Urban Adventures Limited and the local Urban Adventures Partners cannot accept responsibility if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct visa documentation.
Should you have a complaint about your Urban Adventure, we urge you to discuss this at the time with the local Urban Adventures Partner. In the event you wish to complain further, please contact Urban Adventures Limited in writing within 30 days or travel. Complaints received outside this timeframe will not be considered.
11. Photos and marketing
You consent to us using images of you taken during the tour for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
a) By using urbanadventures.com, Urban Adventures distributors, and/or affiliates, the traveller agrees to be bound by the conditions outlined in these terms and conditions.
b) By engaging with Urban Adventures Limited, the traveller agrees to do so for lawful purposes only.
c) When engaging with Urban Adventures Limited, the traveller agrees to do so for personal purposes and not for their own personal commercial gain and will not enter into or provide fraudulent requests or information to Urban Adventures Limited or the local Urban Adventures Partner.
14. Disclaimers and limitations of liability
a) Urban Adventures Limited, Urban Adventures Partners, affiliates, and distributors shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity, liability, or expense to person or property.
b) Urban Adventures Limited, Urban Adventures Partners, affiliates, and distributors accept no responsibility for any sickness, acts of crime, labour disputes, government actions, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, defect in any vehicle of transportation, or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control.
c) Urban Adventures Limited maintains information that is accurate to the best of our knowledge; however, does not warrant that content and information provided on urbanadventures.com or via any of our affiliate sites or via distributors will be without error and that functionality of the websites uninterrupted or without error.
d) Urban Adventures will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveller who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited.
e) This agreement is governed by the laws of Hong Kong SAR.
You agree to defend and indemnify Urban Adventures Limited, all Urban Adventures Partners, our affiliates, and distributors, and any of their officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties, or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature, including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees brought by third parties as a result of:
a) Your breach of this agreement or documents referenced in this agreement;
b) Your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; and/or
c) Your use of this website or any of Urban Adventures Limited affiliate websites.
In the event that any term or condition contained here is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason, then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
17. Registered address
Unit 702, 7/F, Bangkok Bank Building, No. 18 Bonham Strand West, Hong Kong.
18. Updating of terms and conditions
Urban Adventures Limited reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time. The latest terms and conditions can always be found on the Urban Adventures website urbanadventures.com and will supersede any previous versions.
The Philadelphia Urban Adventures team is a knowledgeable and energetic group, dedicated to making sure that our urban travelers get the most out of their Philly experience. We come from a variety of backgrounds and parts of the world, with shared passions for travel, local culture, history, food, music, art and architecture. And above all we want you to leave Philadelphia with a love for the City that you will share with others when you get home!
Meet the crew in Philadelphia!
Feels like: -2°C
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.
Our responsible tourism mandate is also what guides our newest line-up of tours: the "In Focus" series. This collection of tours is run in conjunction with local NGOs, non-profits, and accelerators around the globe. We've worked with these groups on the ground to develop experiences that show travellers what their projects are about and how they're giving back to the community.