Urban Adventures - Terms & Conditions
1. Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions contain legal obligations and Urban Adventures Limited encourages you to read them carefully. It is under these terms and conditions that bookings are made and accepted by Urban Adventures Limited. Unless otherwise started, any purchases made through www.urbanadventures.com , our distributors or affiliates are subject to these Terms & Conditions, when an individual make a booking it will be deemed they have accepted the terms & conditions on behalf of all individuals included in the booking and you consent to these terms & conditions by using www.urbanadventures.com or any of it's affiliates & distributors. Under no circumstances will any alterations or variations to these terms & conditions be in effect unless made in writing by and under the authority of Urban Adventures Limited.
2. Pricing, Payments, Cancellations / No shows & Amendments to bookings
a) Prices & Exchange rates - Prices are correct at the time of quoting, converted at the prevailing foreign-exchange rate as set by Urban Adventures Limited. The rate will float on a daily basis in line with international currency movements.
b) Price changes - the prices appearing on the website are the current rates and can change with no prior notice. Once a traveller has booked an Urban Adventure, the traveller will not be required to pay any difference in the event of a price increase and Urban Adventures Limited will not refund the balance of any price reduction.
c) Child bookings - proof of age must be available for inspection on the day of travel. If a traveller is identified as not qualifying for a child price (if a child price is available for the tour), the traveller will be required to provide the balance of difference between the adult rate and child rate for the tour before being permitted to start the trip.
d) Per person - all prices are provided on a per traveller basis unless otherwise stated.
e) Prices do not include:
- Tips & Gratuities - If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Urban Adventure destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this trip.
- Items of a personal nature - including snacks, meals and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour information provided.
- Baggage and personal insurance - it is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travel including the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes & fees - unless otherwise stated the price does not include any local taxes or use-fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger-facility charges or international transportation tax.
a) Credit cards - Urban Adventures accepts the following credit cards for payment
- American Express
b) Credit card service fee - Urban Adventures Limited do not charge the traveller a service fee on credit card payments.
c) Full payment - is required at the time of booking.
2.3 Cancellations / Refunds
a) Cancellations fees - may apply to any cancellations of a service provided by Urban Adventures limited. Unless otherwise specified the cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellations made more than 2 days prior to travel receive a full refund
- Cancellations made 2 days or less prior to travel attract a 100% cancellation fee.
- This cancellation policy applies unless otherwise stated for a specific tour in the tour information pages on www.urbanadventures.com .
b) Unused portions of tours - No refund is provided for any unused portion of a tour (including the entire tour in the event a traveller does not commence at the designated start point of the tour).
2.4 Amendments to bookings
a) It is not possible to make changes to existing bookings. The original booking must be cancelled and a new booking made. Prices applying to the new booking will be the price at the time the new booking is made. Cancellation charges may apply - refer to 2.3 Cancellations / Refunds.
3. Confirmation & Vouchers
a) Confirmation - upon receipt of full payment the lead traveller (individual processing the booking via www.urbanadventures.com ), Urban Adventures limited will issue a voucher for the tour booked via email. Bookings cannot be received from any individual without supplying an email address, we recommend you visit www.hotmail.com or www.yahoo.com to set up an email address if you do not have one.
b) Voucher - the lead traveller must present the original voucher issued by Urban Adventures Limited at the start of the trip. Urban Adventures Limited reserves the right to refuse service to any travellers not able to provide their voucher to their guide at the beginning of the trip. The following may be required at the beginning of the trip:
- Credit Card - The credit card used to purchase the tour.
- Photo ID - Each traveller must have photo ID for positive identification to avoid any fraudulent claims on tours provided. Any traveller not listed on the voucher will be not be permitted to travel on the trip.
- Gift Certificate - if a gift voucher was used to purchase the trip, the traveller is required to provide the gift certificate at the start of their tour along with their voucher.
4. Your Urban Adventure
4.1 Traveller confirmation
The leader traveller is required to contact the local Urban Adventure Partner 24 hours prior to the start of their tour on the number provided on the voucher within the hours outlined. Failure to do so can lead to the cancellation of the tour.
Travellers must adhere to the time(s) set out in the product information on their voucher. In the event a traveller(s) is not in the designated starting point on the time(s) provided, Urban Adventures Limited and the local Urban Adventure Partner will consider the traveller(s) to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them, no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the product information and on the Traveller(s) voucher:
- Pick up - if a pick up is included in the tour the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the traveller(s) voucher (for example 8.30 to 9.00am), the traveller should wait in the lobby of their hotel between the designated pick up times outlined.
- Meeting point - If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example 8.30am), traveller(s) should be waiting at the designated start point on the designated start time. It is recommended that you plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
4.3 Your responsibility
The traveller making the booking is responsible for their own and parties actions. If Urban Adventures Limited or the local Urban Adventure Partner deems your or the your parties actions to cause danger to other travellers or our staff, intervene with other clients enjoyment of the trip or be deemed to be offensive to the local communities and cultures we visit Urban Adventures Limited and the local Urban Adventures Partner reserve the right to remove you from the tour effectively immediately. No refund will be supplied.
5. Information Accuracy
a) The leader traveller is responsible for providing accurate information during the booking process. Urban Adventures reserves the right to cancel any bookings if inaccurate information is provided including (but not exclusive to):
- Traveller name(s)
- Traveller birth date(s)
- Hotel details
- Email address
6. Travel insurance
a) It is a requirement that all travellers doing an Urban Adventure have valid and comprehensive travel insurance. Neither Urban Adventures Limited or the Urban Adventure Partner can be held responsible for any liability, expenses or losses you incur as a result of being inadequately insured. We strongly recommend that at the time of booking a comprehensive travel insurance policy is purchased. Urban Adventures Limited reserve the right to refuse service to any travellers who cannot provide evidence of travel insurance at the beginning of their Urban Adventure.
7. Passports & Visas
a) Unless travelling domestically, traveller(s) must carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas when travelling with Urban Adventures Limited and the local Urban Adventure Partners. Please ensure your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is the traveller(s) responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas for your holiday. Urban Adventures Limited and the local Urban Adventure Partners cannot accept responsibility if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct visa documentation.
a) Should you have a complaint from your Urban Adventure, we urge you to discuss this at the time with the local Urban Adventure Partner. In the event you wish to complain further, please contact Urban Adventures Limited in writing within 30 days or travel. Complaints received outside this timeframe will not be considered.
a) By using www.urbanadventures.com , Urban Adventures distributors and affiliates the traveller agrees to be bound by the conditions outlined in these terms and conditions.
b) By engaging with Urban Adventures Limited the traveller agrees to do so for lawful purposes only.
c) When engaging with Urban Adventures Limited the traveller agrees to do so for personal purposes and not for their own personal commercial gain and will not enter into or provide fraudulent requests or information to Urban Adventures Limited or the local Urban Adventure Partner.
a) For more information on please refer to Urban Adventures Limited's private policy.
11. Disclaimers & Limitations of Liability
a) Urban Adventures, it's Urban Adventure Partners, its affiliates & distributors shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity, liability or expense to person or property.
b) Urban Adventures, it's Urban Adventure Partners, affiliates and distributors accept no responsibility for any sickness, acts of crime, labor disputes, government actions, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, defect in any vehicle of transportation or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control.
c) Urban Adventures maintains information that is accurate to the best of our knowledge however does not warrant that content and information provided on www.urbanadventures.com or via any of our affiliates sites or via distributors will be without error and that functionality of the websites uninterrupted or without error.
d) Urban Adventures will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveller who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited.
e) This agreement is governed by the laws of Hong Kong SAR.
You agree to defend and indemnify Urban Adventures Limited, all Urban Adventure Partners, our affiliates and distributors and any of their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalities or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees brought by third parties as a result of:
a) Your breach of this agreement or the document referenced in this agreement
b) Your violation of any law or the rights of a third party
c) You use of this website or any of Urban Adventures Limited affiliate websites.
The Philadelphia Urban Adventures team is a knowledgeable and energetic group, dedicated to making sure that our urban travelers get the most out of their Philly experience. We come from a variety of backgrounds and parts of the world, with shared passions for travel, local culture, history, food, music, art and architecture. And above all we want you to leave Philadelphia with a love for the City that you will share with others when you get home!
Meet the crew in Philadelphia!
Feels like: 28°C
Passing clouds. Warm.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.